Friday 12 June 2020

The Nightmare Before Christmas


Hey everyone! I'm back today with my inspiration for Creative Fingers Challenge Blog. We have a great prize up for grabs so why not get crafting and try your luck. For my inspiration I wanted to try another fun fold card I've never made before so I chose a Pop Up Box. I justed loved making this card it was super fun and the end result just looks amazing! The recipient of the card is a massive The Nightmare Before Christmas fan so I ran with that theme for this box. I'm going to link a video tutorial on how to make one and a link to a written tutorial as I used a card blank for this card.


I've had pop up box card blanks in my stash for ages so I decided to use one of them for this card. My card blank measured 20cms by 28cms plus a extra 1cm for my tab. I started by measuring out my purple matting. I had three pieces measuring 11cms by 6.5cms, six pieces measuring 8cms by 6.5cms and one piece measuring 19.5cms by 6.5cms. Once I cut them all out using my scissors I used double sided tape to stick them all on to my card blank. 

For my backing paper I printed off this lovely black, white and purple nightmare before christmas design. Next I measured out three pieces at 10.5cms by 6cms, six at 7.5cms by 6cms and one piece at 19cms by 6cms. Again I cut them out with my scissors and used double sided tape to stick them all on to my purple matting. That's my card blank decorated.


For the inner walls of my box card I measured and cut out three pieces of white card measuring 11cm by 9.2cms. I scored each one downwards at 1cm and 8.2cms. Once folded I used double sided tape on one side of each piece and stuck them to the right inside part of my card blank. To fill my box I took six characters from A Nightmare Before Christmas - Jack, Sally, Oogie Boogie, Mayor, Devil Kid and Zero. I used my scissors to fussy cut them all out. 

I then used my guillotine to cut out six strips of acetate. I used glue dots to secure one piece of acetate on to the back of each character. I used glue dots to secure the acetate strip on Jack and Sally to my first inner wall. I then used them to secure the acetate strip on Devil Kid and Mayor to my second inner wall and the acetate strip on Zero and Oogie Boogie on to my third inner wall.


I put double sided tape on to the other side of my inner walls and the tab on my card blank and stuck it all together (not as easy as it looks lol). I printed out 'Happy 19th Birthday Granddaughter' and cut it out. Then I matted it with purple card. I used glue dot to secure it on to the front flap of my card. To finish my box off I add two purple gems on to the back piece of my box and four on to the front flap of my card. That's it! I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for looking!


I am entering this card in to the following challenges -











28 comments:

  1. Great birthday card! I know she will love it- Lisa Through the craft room door -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this on the polkadoodle challenge. It is just amazing, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pop up card! Thanks for a great response to our shaped card challenge at A Place To Start.
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool birthday card thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness this is so much fun! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love these fabulous cards, because they're so impressive when they're done! This is such a fun one and I love all the bold colours. Beautifully made! Thanks for sharing this with us at Penny's!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous fun card Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck
    Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun box card! I haven't done one of those in a long time. You've inspired me to make a box card this week! Thank you so much for playing along in our Crafting Happiness Challenge this week. Hope you’ll link up again!
    Hugs! Janis
    Crafting Happiness Challenges, Challenge Blog Owner
    Pause Dream Enjoy, Personal Craft Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Hope you have as much fun making yours as I did making mine.

      Delete
  9. This is such an awesome card! I love Nightmare Before Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Georgia this is a great project. My sister loves the Nightmare Before Christmas and would love this too.

    Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

    Stay healthy, happy and keep crafting :)

    DT for Through The Craft Room Door

    Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how wonderful , I just adore everything about your card! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Arty Divas this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.

    Hugs, Zowie xx

    Arty Divas DT

    Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun creation! Great work!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great project! So cool! Thanks for sharing it with us at Polkadoodles’ Gems Challenge good luck and hope to see you again!

    Jennifer, DT
    You can also find me on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Week 12 at Gem of a Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card. Thank you for play with us at Polkadoodles craft challenge blog. Good luck with your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Popup card-in-a-box is one of my most fav ever! Your card is so wonderful :) Thank you for sharing your work at A Place to Start challenge. All the best :)

    Karthikha,
    DT - A Place to Start
    My Blog - K's Kards and Krafts

    ReplyDelete

Fighter Planes

Hey everyone! Today I'm back with my August inspiration for Creative Fingers Challenge Blog . This months challenge is running for four ...